ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Most good flat rate compaines that sell there products our based on what your cost are.
Regardless, if your a T&M company or a flat rate company, you have to know your true cost and breakeven point then go from there.

Founder and creator of Precision Pricing Electrical Flat Rate Software.
Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
I used to think well if i work for somebody @ 20.00/hour wow if I went for myself and charged 42/ hour Thats double of working for the Man > smile.
It took me 2 years after getting on the net hearing all the responses that you have to know YOUR cost of business , not the going rate or what the other guy charges.

costs are not the same for each company.It took me 2 years to believe the guys that i needed a cost analysis.
When i finally did a break even and watched it for a couple years
I was shocked that my costs ran from 140-200 per hour.What an eye opener.

So Flat rate was the only option I could find to help me with these costs.

Doug, I went 8 months wondering what I was doing wrong, even when people talked with me about knowing my cost I didn't understand. I finally got it when I read 2 books. Where did the money go, and How Much should I charge.
These books have changed my hole look on my business and I recommend these books to anybody who needs help understanding business or starting a business.

Founder and creator of Precision Pricing Electrical Flat Rate Software.
I have read Ellen rohr and the emyth contractor i also have many articles from frank blau that i have read. I am trying to find the time to read how to win and influence friends soon.

I should get the booK Where did the money go but i have a pretty good idea where that went smile

T
I had a call last week. One hour round trip travel, she was 30 minutes late for the appointment & we spent an hour talking about her electrical problems/repairs (2.5 hours total). There's a UF wire between the house & garage above ground in 2 places. I quote conduit underground, but she doesn't want it underground (the squirrels will eat it). I quote it overhead, but she doesn't want it overhead (the squirrels will eat it). Besides, the last guy only charged $350 (and it only lasted 18 months & is above ground).

Now she's going to complain to the BBB about the $75 service charge which she agreed to on the phone & in a signed contract. I don't even want to calculate how much money I lost at $75 for 2.5 hours plus the time to deal with the only BBB complaint I've ever had.

If it weren't so rare I'd work for someone else.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard