ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#179994 08/08/08 12:26 PM
K
kinetic Offline OP
Last August I purchased some fiber optic lighting and illuminators through my supplier. They in turn purchased through the rep that purchased it through Supervision.

Supervision was purchased by another company and now uses a different rep. My supplier and the old rep will not honor the warranty of some faulty illuminators. The new rep company will not honor the warranty because they didn’t sell it. I feel like I am getting the short end of the stick. I feel the supplier and the old rep should honor the warranty of the products they sell but I seem to be fighting an uphill battle.

I have been dealing with this for about the last two months and getting now where fast. Wondering what my options are at this point. The illuminators cost roughly $1600 and my client is looking at me like I sold him junk. To buy new illuminators for another $1600 and walk away isnt an option. Any suggestions?

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
kinetic #179997 08/08/08 12:34 PM
E
Have you tried contacting the manufacturer directly and bypassing the distributor?

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."
EV607797 #180053 08/11/08 08:44 AM
Z
Although I hate to point fingers without details in hand, it sounds to me like your supplier (retailer?) has left you out in the cold on this one, along with the new rep. The supplier has more pull with the manufacturer than you do, because they can threaten to discontinue stocking the company's products.

Like Ed suggests, cut out the middlemen. If there is a wink link in the chain, go straight to the company - and as high on the totem pole as you can get. Be polite, of course, but don't take no as an answer. If someone you're talking to can't help you, ask for the superior. Continue the process until you get the answer you want.

Good luck!

Zapped #180054 08/11/08 09:17 AM
M
Your supplier would probably not hesitate for a moment to take you into a court room on an overdue bill of $1600 if he thought that you were not intending to pay him, and most certainly would send you notice that you are heading to court in that event. So therefore, perhaps maybe you should send him a letter to let him know that you do not think his position is defendable in small claims court, and if he doesn't want to find himself there he had better get on the stick as it were, and get you your manufacture's warrenty satisfaction.

macmikeman #180063 08/11/08 04:14 PM
L
LK Offline
Some states have laws that protect the consumer, from companies that fail to follow thru with a warranty item.

You may want to check with your consumer protection department in your state.

LK #180172 08/15/08 08:49 PM
K
kinetic Offline OP
Thank you for the replies.

I am going to contact the manufacturer directly. Going out next week to finish a few other things and will pull the faulty illuminators out. Hopefully the manufacturer will give me an RMA and this will be over. If not I guess getting confrontatinal with my supplier is what it is going to come down.

Link Copied to Clipboard