ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Well like I said In the begining, just an idea, If I do it that would be part of it. First I have get my name out there so they can call me. I've made flyer already, just getting ready to post em. there are lot of ranchers here where I live. I'll be doing other things at the same time.

G
You don't really have anything to lose trying and you might actually find a little niche market.

Greg Fretwell
J

A
If you are considering entering the "big time" I did see the word "rancher" up there which implies center pivots and the like to me. Be sure you understand flow rates and application requirements at different pressures and some fluid flow theory: most high end or large scale agricultural irrigation equipment is very specialized and very costly. A under or over spec'd system may end up costing you a lot of money. The pump is but one component of several dozen. Putting something in and then discovering that you are irrigating unevenly or not sufficiently is likely going to cost you $$$$ to fix, not to mention the liability you would have to have to cover for 3000 of someone's almond trees lost due to your incompetence.

H
Thanks Ann. I'm just thinking about to sticking to the electrical side troubleshooting, I understand flow rates and pressures. I dont want make this my only business and time to time I will jump in. Thinking about contacting the local pump service companies to let them know that know that I can take care the electrical for them as a sub to them. But you are absolutley right about the insurance part. It can be costly.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard