ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
First time uploading pictures. Hope it works. These are pictures of two of the three kinds of LED luminaires we are installing in a hopefully Platinum LEED certified project. I'll explain if they show up.

[Linked Image from electricalphotos.com]

Last edited by electure; 07/31/08 08:57 PM. Reason: Add Images
Ralph:
You have a shot of the stem mounted units when they are installed?

John
Z
Nice looking fixtures Ralph, and thanks for posting. Please DO give us a review on performance and ease of installtion once you've hung those babies. I'd love to see what they've got!

W
My company just completed an installation of this same fixture line (Beta LED) here in Charlotte, NC. They were very easy to install, clean looking and they produce great lighting. The project scope was a one for one swap and included LED wallpacks, bollards and pole mounted fixtures. It's a great product line. The only drawback is that the fixtures are very expensive so the return on investment can take some time to recoup.

www.betaled.com

M
Nice looking fixtures.
Our city electricians installed some LED street lights. 83 watts, only rated 50 to 75000 hours. very expensive and we figure we could never recover the cost in energy saving at 6 cents per KWH.
Some day these things will get cheap enough.

G
That looks like it is just a tad over 120 watts. How does the light output compare to LPS?

Greg Fretwell
R
Interesting. Our council is gonna try LED streetlighting in two trial streets. They keep it secret for now. As soon I know where, I will take some photo's.

I would like to take a photo before with the HPS and after with the LED to compare the lighting levels.

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
R
No power yet for the luminaires. We temporaried them to see if the powers that be had any input. They didn't like the light hitting the bottom of the Spancrete, so we put on 6 inch stems. I'll take the camera in on Monday for the pictures of the stem mounts. The pole mounted ones were easy to assemble. Only needed a half inch socket, #2 Phillips, #2 Robertson, and a wire stripper. For $1,200.00 each they should assemble and hang themselves tho. It was weird seeing the sticker with the manufactured date of July 25,2008 on July 29,2008. But then again the plant is only twenty minutes down the freeway.

Cat Servant
LED vs. Sodium? That's a no-brainer!

Let's see some comparisons against fluorescent (T8 and T5) and metal halide.

Ditto regarding the halogen lights used by road crews. Those lights seem to produce mainly glare to blind the motorist - or are they deliberately positioned that way?

Ralph:
$1200 each sounds pretty steep. I'm going to play around on the site with the payback calc as soon as time permits. I see from your mfg date label that they are in Sturtevent, close by to RUUD?? Looking forward to your pics next week.

John
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard