ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 482 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Cat Servant
There is no need for a (written) contract, where both parties are honorable and everything is patently obvious. Indeed, I'm able to do a lot of my work on even less than a handshake.

Verbal discussions can be considered as a contract, but it gets a lot trickier determining who meant what.

The best written contract isn't worth the paper it's written on, if one of the parties is a scoundrel.

It's for that middle ground that we need pieces of paper. They help define the scope of the job, the amount to be paid, and all the other niggling details that come along. This is especially important where there are multiple parties involved, or there is a change in personnel.

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
W
Originally Posted by renosteinke
and all the other niggling details that come along.

eek

Last edited by Watt_Work; 09/05/08 02:05 AM.
S
Originally Posted by PE&Master
First, u can't take down work you've put up. Once it's installed, it's no longer yours. Taking it down is illegal.

You can if you deem it a safety hazard. I've done it on several occasions.

L
LK Offline
"First, u can't take down work you've put up. Once it's installed, it's no longer yours. Taking it down is illegal."

Same here, it can land you in jail, reason we get a large down payment and stay ahead of progress payments.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard