ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
I certainly don't believe the same up charge should apply to credit and debit, the bank charge is different.

Reno pointed out another difference, a cash transaction is a whole lot more labor intensive than a pay at the pump. They can have a dozen pumps running, sell food, "convenience items" and still only have one or two employees in the store

Greg Fretwell
W
was it a branded location? Mobil, Citgo etc.?. generally its 2 or 3 percent. American Express is higher though

It is a lukoil station. Was 3.99 before the sign guy changed the format to comply with state law and have space for 'multi-price'.

Reg cash is 3,97 and credit is 4.11.

Ranges are from .04 to .10 gal for pay options.

At $4/gal the 2% card costs would be .08

The sign guys are reaping a lot of work, We have a co here that makes the numbers and they are going full tilt to satisfy the demand for '4' and '5' digits for the pumps and road signs.

BTW, NJ is one of two states with NO self serve allowed, and yes the majority of the stations are equipped for pay at the pump, and have been for a long time.

I'm not against anyone making a living, or a fair profit from their business, but give a good reason for the changes now with the gas price increases.

Also, I have not seen a station with multi-pricing for diesel!

John
Originally Posted by EV607797
We have a landfill about twenty miles east of town that accepts municipal waste from NJ and PA, mostly solids left over from water treatment plants if you know what I mean. They harvest the "fragrance" and send it to a VERY efficient coal-burning power plant that is owned by GE down the road as a supplemental fuel source. The power plant generates electricity, then uses their excess steam to heat a greenhouse the size of 13 football fields that produces millions of pounds of produce year-round.

The plant's emissions are completely scrubbed down to solid particulates that are used to manufacture asphalt and running tracks. The coal is delivered directly into the facility by rail from Western areas of VA, West Virginia and Kentucky with no trucking required.

All of this happens within about a two-mile radius in King George County, VA. Talk about efficiency. I know this because these facilities are my customers.

Sounds like something we could do here in Bucks County with all the garbage NJ and NY give us! And all the coal in this state. If only we had a lot more space...

I don't see any solar or wind generation being big here-

Like I said, we're getting solar and Peco gets some wind power from Somerset County. Heck, Tullytown's going to go under when that whole-town-supporting landfill closes, maybe they can plant some windmills on it to lessen the blow. Only problem would be the foundations I think.

but I know people from NC to PA using geothermal heat pumps who are paying a fraction of what fossil fuel customers are paying for heating/cooling.

I know my English and shop teachers (who live in larger Levittown houses pay less than we do w/ their heat pumps, than we do with this smaller house and oil! And that's with the pellet stove downstairs factored in.

I'm a nuclear fan myself, but we know how quickly that subject can sway.

I'm with you there, but let's not get into that now.

Ian (Leaky houses) A.

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
S
Originally Posted by SteveFehr
Virginia voted last week to allow the local utility to raise their rates 18% frown My electric bills are going to jump about $50/month, now!

How much du you pay for i kWh?
We pay 0.16 EURO/kWh in AT here.

S
Originally Posted by walrus
What to you guys pay per kwh?? In Maine its over 16 cents and we're getting a rate increase also. The thing is we heat our homes for the most part with fuel oil. Its always been fuel oil was way cheaper than electricity but right now its real close

We pay 16 Cent too but Eurocent not Dollarcent.
I think this price is not too high.
My consumption is ca. 5000 kWh per year.
But I have disctrict heating for heating and warm water.
I need the electricity only for light, stove and power sockets.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard