ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 228 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Originally Posted by Texas_Ranger
So there is no way for users to delete their own pictures, like after experimenting with the best way of transferring pictures from their photobucket account?
I tried a few weeks ago and managed to copy the thumbnails, but no the actual 800x600px pictures...
Ahh, I was wondering why the pics were so small.

The software makes the thumbnails itself. There's no need to upload them, just upload the pictures themselves.

I'll look into the deleting photos question and get back to you.

Bill

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Update:

The move & delete functions were disabled due to a security risk. I've installed some updated files which should take care of that, so give it a try now and let me know of any problems. I look forward to seeing the larger images.

BTW, there is a magnifier now when the mouse hovers over photos that have a larger version. Not sure if I like that or not.... confused

Edit - nevermind the magnifier thing, it seemed to slow things down so it's been disabled. You can see the same detail by clicking on the pictures.

Bill

Oddly enough, there is a program that I have been using since I have been posting pics here, it is pretty basic,
but it will allow you to resize pics, crop bits out and darken/lighten the whole image.

If you want a copy of it, send me an e-mail, it will be sent as a .zip file.

R
Good point you made there Mike, The upload speeds from New Zealand are pathetically low and perhaps time-outs do occur because of that, and by using the BACK arrow on the screen errors may occur then.

Bill, I like the new lay out with the light blue headers.

Also I uploaded the photo's again, one at the time with no problems.

Thanks again for helping me out here.

Kind regards, Raymond

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
T
Actually I didn't intend to copy the thumbnails at all - here is what happened: I used the "Copy from URL" feature and pasted the URL of my Photobucket folder. Apparently the folder the user gets to see only contains thumbnails and hyper links to the real pictures which are stored in a different folder.

I had another weird hangup too - I tried rotating the pictures I took in portrait orientation using first Graphic Converter, a shareware tool and then when this didn't work Apple Preview. With both I got pictures that looked perfect on my computer, but were back to the original orientation once I uploaded them.

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Ahhhh....OK

I haven't tried either one of those operations, so I'm not sure what to recommend. I'll give the rotating a try later though if I get a chance.

Bill

T
Now that I can delete my pictures I can do some more experiments and find out what works. I did notice a subtle URL change as you open the picture alone, without the HTML page surrounding it, so shortening that URL might do the trick.

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
I figured I'd bring this to the top, as many may not have seen it.

The photo website is not as intuitive as I would like, suggestions are welcome.

There is an update which I hope to be installing soon, maybe that will help make it easier to navigate.

Bill

Bill:
I still have problems with posting pics, and it's very embarising that a new member seems to have it mastered.

Frustrated!

John
U
I am a South African electrical artisan busy with my apprenticeship I would appreciate it if someone could help me by telling me how things work when one wants to apply for a job in the US or other countries.

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard