ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#17809 12/02/02 10:41 PM
I got the "prelims" back for my house. You probably can't make out very much with these pics, but it was the best I could do standing on a chair over the kitchen table.
To get there, go to www.PictureStage.com and log in as a Guest using the following information:

Log-in ID: thewattdoctor
Guest Password: doc's

Look under the House "Prelims" folder. 1st and 2nd floor plans, and the south elevation are all I have so far. Right now I'm at 2929 sqft.

Hope I can afford it,
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
S
I could only really see the south elevation, which looks real nice. Could not make out to much if anything from the floor plans. Its a great time to build if you can swing it as the interest rates have never been lower.

Thanks spyder,

It is a good time. I'm not exactly sure when I can start, but I hope the rates stay low until I finish.

On your mark, get set.....wait,
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
Click on "see original" to the left of the page with the individual photo, you'll get a larger pic with better detail.

Not recommended for dial-up users unless you're a glutton for punishment like myself!

WattDoc, Man, my house could fit into your garage!

BTW, your longhand looks great to me, but I can't imagine how long that took... Ever try 3D Home Architect Deluxe 5.0 ?

Super fast residential drawings!

[Linked Image]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
66vw,
I can dig the "glutton for punishment" statement. I took 2 dumps, and a shower while those 3 pics were uploading. [Linked Image] I used the highest "res" available on my little "company" digital camera. As far as the size of the house is concerned, I have to fall back on the old saying....."Everything's big in Texas." The fact is, it's cheap to build here. That 3000 sqft house would probably cost a half million dollars to build in some parts of the country. Depending on how much my wife gets involved, it will probably cost me between 150 and 200k. If it starts getting much over 150, you'll see me start sweating bullets. I hate being in debt.
I wish that I could claim that "long hand". We had a lady in Beaumont, Tx draw it for us. After I make the changes, all the "other" drawings will be finished. She's pretty reasonably priced, and man was she hot. When we went for our first consultation, I 'bout dropped my drawers. I'd probably drop an additional $500.00 just to sit in her office, and act goofy.

Barely keeping my drawers on,
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
M
Nice house....Nice family.
Merry CHRISTmas.
Mark

Link Copied to Clipboard