ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
M
I am 43 was in another occupation for 18 years. My father is an electrician that licence was grand fathered in in this locality. He asked me 6 years ago if I would be interested in coming back and helping him decided to do that. I now have my master block license. It seems to me there is a heel of a lot of extras and non money making things you have to do when you own your own business with all the paperwork and tax stuff to keep up with. I need to make a decision whether to buy my dad's business or work for someone else. I would like to see the country thought I could possibly get a traveling job and work for someone else. Seems like it would be easier. Trying to get some opinions from those that have done both. Either been in business for yourself and for someone else.

M
mj Offline
master, i do both, ...run my own business and also work for a local goverment. it good to keep an active skill just in case i am fired.

Link Copied to Clipboard