ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
When I did new homes I used openings to come up with pricing. The trick is to have difrent priced openings and also adjust for special situations ex. doorbell, etc. It basically become flat rate. I could have a price from a print, in about an hour. I made OK money till they wanted cheap. I wasn't going to lose money, I told them" I can sit at home and not make money , why would I work for nothing". Have not done a new house in 4 yrs. Bid some never get'em they want cheap. As for sq ft price never. I would however consider making my price and converting to sq ft as suggested above.

Good Luck!

Ob

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.
Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
Cat Servant
Considering the absolutely shoddy work on new tract homes ... even the McMansions ... I'd see a real opportunity for a REAL sparky to follow up afterwards, supplying what the customer really wanted in the first place. Hang the new lights, add / move the switches, etc.

G
I agree John. My wife tried to get Centex to start an "after close" operation, doing the custom touches you couldn't get in new construction. People also just change their mind.
The business is certainly there.

Greg Fretwell
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard