ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#176128 03/21/08 07:35 AM
What type of warranties are you offering to your customers? Are you tracking it and how?

Ob

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.
Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
Obsaleet #176131 03/21/08 10:38 AM
Z
My standard policy, informal as it may be, is to at least check out the problem and be as helpful as I can be, within reason.

If the error is my fault (on the very rare occasion), sure, I'll take care of it without comment or question, then appologize profusely.

If it's a product problem, that I recommended or supplied on my decision, I will replace it within a year or so.

If it's some cheap product that the client insisted on, then I will have to charge them for everything, although I may cut them a slight deal on labor to keep them happy.

In this economy, you are forced to be a lot more polite and "reasonable", even beyond what you would normally find "reasonable".

I find my self having to decide if it's more advantagious to lose a bit on iffy warranty work, or risk losing a customer or their possible refferals.

Zapped #176163 03/23/08 10:10 AM
Thats the way I have been doing things. I am just thinking it time to be a bit more formal. Possible use it as a marketing tool. For example, if I track it well it will give me an opportunity to contact the customer and "say your 1 year warranty is up is everything good". This I think will leed to oh while your here can you have a look at (fill in the blank). Thats why I thought I would ask the ECN family what they thought?

Ob

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.
Obsaleet #176168 03/23/08 12:51 PM
G
I think I would bump up the warranty a bit for every customer they referred. If somebody kept my phone ringing with good leads I would warranty the light bulbs wink

Greg Fretwell
gfretwell #176224 03/26/08 08:30 AM
Z
That's a good rule Greg. This shows why it's always good to be courteous when you deal with customers, and to be courteous when you ARE the customer. I am so much more likely to go beyond what is expected of me when a customer is nice, polite, and thankful.

Link Copied to Clipboard