ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
B
On a commercial building we are putting in outside landscape and step lighting. The specs call for KIM Lighting products but as the project moves forward the builder has asked for cheaper but similar products be used. We are putting in step lights, in-wall concrete wall lights, and in-ground spot lights.

What competitors does KIM have that may have better prices. I think the total for about 12 fixtures was $6.5k.

Thanks,
Byron

Cat Servant
No idea ... but I'd get that change approved, in writing, first. You don't want to be setting yourself up for a fall.

S
Hmm.. there are so many landscape lighting products out there. I would try Vista Lighting to start with. I have had good experiences with their lights and they can be cheaper on some things. Alot of it depends on the material used. If it is solid copper versus aluminum the cost difference is huge but so is the quality / life expectancy.

Z
It really depends on the fixture, but one alternative that I've used is Vista lighting. Specifically I've used Vistas version fo the Kim "square bullet" par-38 fixture.

There is practially no differnece, except for about $30 per fixture and the fact that, when you have ot replace a fixture in the future, Kim also has a three-unit-minimum on an order. This can be a real PITA when you only have to replace one or two fixtures.

Good Luck!

Link Copied to Clipboard