ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#17544 11/28/02 12:24 AM
What is a electromagician?

electromagicians taken from another thread for review by the ECN council of elders.

PS: Some have been called worse!

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
I've been called an "electrode" before. Maybe Monday, I'll try to pull a rabbit out of a device box. I've levitated few apprentices before. I can make a paycheck disapear......? Often thought about Barbra Eden.....Yes Master....<blink>..'nuff said....be still my beating heart...

Abri...cadabri....poof
Where am I?
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
C
An electromagician is someone who can make electrical problems disappear!

J
I think it must be a general term of endearment to all us hard working electrical contractors out there who manage to tirelessly fix the multitude of f@*k ups given to us by the loverly customers far and wide.

( but who knows, it must be this cigarette i have just been handed, and i dont smoke !!!)

Have fun and have a good thanksgiving from this side of the water. !!

I would tend to agree with Chris.
The number of times that I have turned up to a job, only to find, it's in a really difficult(1960's) house, and the people want all of the wires hidden, where you have to double the number of lights and socket-outlets, even with no ceiling void and a switch-board that is so over-crowded, there's no room left for mice, let alone an extra MCB.
If you come out of the other side of a job like this, with your Quote and your Mental sanity intact, I think that you qualify for the "Electro-Magician" Title.
After all, most home-owners, seem to think that all we do is wave a Magic Wand and it's all done.("should'nt take you long"- as my Boss says). yeah right!. [Linked Image]

G
Trumpy,I believe that the words sparkys hear most often are,Why weren't you here last week? Why is it taking so long? and why does it cost so much?

Mate,
You've nailed it there!. [Linked Image]
Most of the work that I do, is after all of the Drywall is on and the Pretty Wall-paper.
And then all of the other work that was supposed to be done when the Drywall was off, starts to happen, the other "Sparkie", having ran away, at great speed. Damn!!.

E
I know that a buddy of mine has to install some device called "The Wizard Of Watts" on his job. It charges golf carts!

So my boss (same as his boss) was in a weekly Sub meeting and asked someone walking into the room if he was "The Wizard Of Watts". My boss said he sat there for a second, and then thought to himself "damn, that sounded stupid"!

If you are the "Wizard Of Watts" you must be an "electromagician" [Linked Image]

Pete
T
HEY ROCKY: Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!

TW

H
An electro-magician is someone who can make up for several lost weeks on a big construction project. You all must have had this experience once. The masons, framers, excavators, etc. take an extra 4-6 weeks in order to get the building to the point where you can start your wiring. Then the GC wnats the electricians and plumbers, bust their hump and get the job done in less time, in order to finish the project on time. (Plus for the same money. No OT allowed.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard