ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 483 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Cat Servant
"Access Engineer" sounds like a legalistic term for what we might call a "burglar" here laugh

It's not often I see a post of mine so well dissected. Keep in mind that my comments were a brief summary of what I've encountered so far.

The last excerpt, mind you, was meant as a complaint about the use of ladders and scaffolds. Both ladders and scaffolds also require you to carry the stuff up or down ... and it's hard enough to climb without adding to the challenge.

S
Originally Posted by renosteinke
"Access Engineer" sounds like a legalistic term for what we might call a "burglar" here laugh

LOL... Never heard it put like that before.

Originally Posted by renosteinke
It's not often I see a post of mine so well dissected. Keep in mind that my comments were a brief summary of what I've encountered so far.

Its not often a subject comes up that I can put my tuppence worth (0.02 cent) in.

Although I'm a time served spark I'm so long out the trade that most of whats posted on this site I can't really comment on. I still do the odd bit of electronic work building amps, radios, xmitters etc although my main interest is restoring antique plant, tractors and trucks. After serving my time I spent the following 16 years working on torpedos. Got into the access game about 4 years ago and haven't looked back as I'm all over the country on breakdowns and recoveries and see some interesting sights.

There I go off on a tangent again........

Gidday Simon, long time no see!

Personally, as an ex-Power Board worker, I can say nothing beats a bucket truck!
Everything is with you there in the bucket, they are really easy to move around, with dual lamp poles.
You position the bucket under the fitting, so if you do drop a screw, it doesn't land where you can't see it or even worse, in long grass!
Some of my best days at work were spent in a bucket truck.

Finally, there is only one thing I like about scaffolding.....Nothing!

S
Hi Mike,

Not had much chance to get online recently hence my absence.

I agree with you about the bucket but scissor lifts have solid decks and you should see what gets returned to the workshop when a machine is offhired. Also, theres nothing worse than repairing a joystick on a boom on a construction site in scotland in the middle of winter. Drop one of the tiny nuts and bolts that hold it all together and you have a wee problem. The worst is having to replace one of the steering microswitchs in a force 9 gale with a gas soldering iron. Usually I pull it apart enough to bridge out the switch and move the machine to a more convenient place, in other words where i can manouvere the basket under the tailgate of my strategically placed van so I have all the luxuries of shelter, heat and a radio.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard