ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
2 members (Scott35, ampherder), 267 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#174990 02/19/08 08:18 AM
L
leland Offline OP
[Linked Image from electricalphotos.com]
I over heard the sider say "no extra charge for the use of the van"

Additionaly, The guy on the (ice coverd) roof is tied off.With a 1/2" rope from the rafter to his waist.
All in 1 shot.
(ps: bear with me, still learning the photo site and use)

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
leland,

On the photo site if you go down below your picture to where is says 'linked thumbnail' and click on the little thing to the right of the box where you copied the url it will drop down and offer more links to a 'medium' sized image which will give you a bigger picture to post.

Bill

Here are the two other selections, one has a link back to the page with the picture on it.

'Linked Medium'

'Medium Image'

S
I used a redneck bucket truck like that before, but I used a fiberglass ladder though. Safety first you know.

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
L
leland Offline OP
Thank you Bill.

As far as safety, There is a sheet of 1/2" plywood on the roof of the van.
Can never be too safe ya know!

Originally Posted by leland
As far as safety, There is a sheet of 1/2" plywood on the roof of the van.
Can never be too safe ya know!

1/2" That's all?

I'd use 5/8" wink

Ian A.

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
Remember, no AC plywood! Inner layers can have voids. Stick with underlayment-certified. sick

Everybody does know we're joking, right? grin

Last edited by Retired_Helper; 02/19/08 04:48 PM. Reason: Just making sure...
S
I don't understand why they needed a ladder at all- that style siding jack includes an integrated lift. Are they just too lazy to drop it back to ground level for lunch?

Cat Servant
We're laughing at the ladder set on the van roof ... which actually might not be such a bad base. Far worse is the use of another ladder as a scaffold plank.

I've witnessed industry standard ladder tests, and the load a ladder is subjected to in the horizontal position is nowhere near as large as the load used when the ladder is in the 'set up' position. Ladders just are not designed to be used as planks!

S
Originally Posted by renosteinke
We're laughing at the ladder set on the van roof ... which actually might not be such a bad base. Far worse is the use of another ladder as a scaffold plank.
I believe they're just using that ladder as a safety rail/work platform. If you look closely, there's a typical solid siding platform to stand on just below it, with that ladder mounted about waist height.

Though, the way they placed the (van) ladder makes you wonder just how they get from the ladder to the work platform! I hope they aren't crawling over that ladder- it's one thing to lay sheets of siding on it, but there's no way it can safely support a man's weight.

Last edited by SteveFehr; 02/20/08 12:58 PM.
S
That's easy. They have not gotten that high yet but when they are ready, they will climb and reach down and snatch the six footer leaned against the side door. They will just put it on the plalk and go up to the next level. Either that or Aussie repel from the peak. That would be my preference.

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard