ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 410 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
I 2nd the barrier creams. When I worked for the railroad lots of equipment was greasy/oily.I liked the barrier creams because they allow you to work without gloves and it was quite amazing how easy it was to wash away the grime when it came time to clean up.

J
A-Line on the money. Their cheap too and not to hot. Disposable.

I have heard baking soda works, but have never tried it personally.
Certainly a cheap and readily available substance, if it proves effective.

W
Another trick worth trying (I use it after working on bicycle chains, have no idea how it will work for heavy dairy grease) is to use some nice skin compatible oil as a solvent for removing the grease. You can then use your ordinary soap to remove the oil, or you can simply scrape the oil off. Various vegetable oils, 'baby oil', oil based moisturizers, massage oil, etc. are all potentially useable in this fashion.

-Jon

S
the easiet way is to sub out the work and you walk away clean as a whistle smile

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
C
I haven't tried it on industrial grease but dishwasher detergent is great at breaking up almost anything if you let it sit long enough.

T
Short hair, hat and hand cleaner gets my vote. I occasionally worked on pre-WWII railway equipment and you can guess the amount of grease caked with dirt.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard