ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
32VAC Offline OP
AS/NZS 3000:2007 "wiring rules" has now been released (for how long, I don't know-been out bush & found out yesterday).

There been a few changes with the addition of more pictures, seperate section on "damp situations", changes to RCD installations (covers some of the AS3003 regulations in regards to home dialysis machines) and a few other bits & pieces.

I'm endeavouring to thumb through the 463 pages of the new book, discussion with the Aussies & Kiwis to follow...

P
Originally Posted by 32VAC
changes to RCD installations

I hope it's not following the same sort of changes due here next year, which basically seem to say, "Put it on an RCD and nothing else matters." frown

F
Originally Posted by pauluk

I hope it's not following the same sort of changes due here next year, which basically seem to say, "Put it on an RCD and nothing else matters." frown

Sorta like the USA/Candna will use the AFCI[ RCD ] just about everywhere.

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

Thanks for the heads-up, Darren!

463 pages??, the 2000 version was only 271pp + index.

32VAC Offline OP
Originally Posted by Trumpy
Thanks for the heads-up, Darren!

463 pages??, the 2000 version was only 271pp + index.

I printed it off the standards website on Thursday and I thought the printer was going to die on me. Took half an hour to print out.

I'm still working through it at the moment. By the way, did anyone notice that AS/NZS 3017:2007 was released? Didn't notice until I printed off a copy last week to verify some work that was being done. Once again, I'll try & spot the differences.

P
Note that although the update to AS/ZNS3000 has been released/published, it is not yet in force. This will happen at some point mid-way through 2008, and will require an order-in-council from the NZ Govt. So by all means study it (I know we are) and get familiar with the new rules, but don't feel that you have to apply them just yet.

When I spoke to the nice man at the ministry and he told me that they would nevertheless encourage people to install to the new standards, as they do apparently represent an increase in safety standards.

Mark aka Paulus
32VAC Offline OP
http://www.worksafe.nt.gov.au/electricalsafety/pdf/020101newwiringrules.pdf

The NT Governemt has given 12 May 08 as the mandatory compliance date for the new standard

I
I gather these are the Australian/New Zealand equivalent of the IEE Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671

Originally Posted by iansettle
I gather these are the Australian/New Zealand equivalent of the IEE Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671

Yes they are.

I
Originally Posted by pauluk

Agree with you on that one paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard