ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 475 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
I guess he does not know who to call for a locate prior to digging

So far this has been their own stuff so there is nobody to call. They never mapped anything they buried, a policy that is now changed. They also never pulled permits or hired "trades" to do the work. That is another policy that changed when a building professional (my wife) took over.

Greg Fretwell
L
leland Offline OP
Originally Posted by leland
Happy New year!

Snow removal! Only a 2" phone riser.Snapped of the LB.
Scheduled phone co for Wed. AM.

No Biggy.

Whoa!! A Biggy.Phone co> showed and stated the need for a "supervisor". WHAT??. None available.

Update. My "quick fix" aint right. (secured and made water tite).
This has a bank ATM, (the one that gives loans to ones that should not be here to begin with)So security is a concern. The store has lottery, so that is a concern (state revenue-(security?!).

But when it all got sheard off the only concern was to get it back on! Not lets repair the conduit.

Now the building owner tells me that verizon wants all new conduit and penitration into the building.(he wants all for nothing-Surprise!!).

30' of 2" conduit (rigid) down to an "LB",2' stub into the basement (of the conv.store)then typical connections.

So a new LB and some new clips. (depending on V's take.)

Suspect the owner wants all new wireing, The power is on the opposite side, undamaged!

S
Was taking a shower this morning when the power went out. Had to scramble in the dark to find flashlights for the kids (who of course woke up crying instead of just sleeping through it), and manually disengaged & opened the garage door only to find power was out on the 6 blocks around me. It's a clear night, it's just really cold- we've had a lot of new construction around and I suspect all the electric heat simply overloaded something. But ya know what? NOT MY PROBLEM! Someone else gets to freeze their ass off this morning fixing it! Ah, it's threads like this that make me REALLY REALLY appreciate having a desk job.

It takes a special kind of electric company to install 200A services to a half dozen homes, all with electric heat, and feed them all off a single 15kVA pole pig barely rated for 100A...

S
Originally Posted by SteveFehr
It takes a special kind of electric company to install 200A services to a half dozen homes, all with electric heat, and feed them all off a single 15kVA pole pig barely rated for 100A...
Just got a call from my wife, complaining the power is back on but the house is freezing. Seems just about the time the delay time turns off and the heater finally comes on for a few seconds, the power goes out again!

Hmmmmm, poco, you think maybe the 2-dozen houses you just hooked up service to *might* increase power demand a little? ARGHHHH!! I have a feeling this weekend will be a long and cold one frown

G
We have a strange setup om my street. There is one long 120/240 "bus" that goes about a block with 3 transformers connected to it. I assume that is because the lots were built out over many years and originally they spanned the whole thing with one transformer, simply adding the others as the load increased. Is that a normal thing?

Greg Fretwell
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard