ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 376 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Don't forget the "personalized" letters to the customers.

You can only rough, if there is nothing to finish... you can't finish.

Business bureau and the building dept.
Things tend to work them selfs out.

Sorry for your position. Best of luck!

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
I
I am still trying to comprehend a sheetrocker claiming it's not thier job to cut the Sheetrock.

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
S
Have you ever talked to a sheetrocker? smile

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
A
Originally Posted by sparkyinak
Have you ever talked to a sheetrocker? smile

In Alaska I did all the time but here in Florida I have discovered that if I want to talk to one I have to learn spanish first. Guess I will just be talking to "foreman" (interpreter) from now on. frown

I would use my thermal imaging hammer to cut out the holes They didn't say anything about patching did they? Seriously, this is rediculous. I would not have entered the building untill the boxes were cut.
When you cut those out there will surly be screw/nail pops and over cuts. Do they not own a router? What is your policy reguarding buried boxes. My policy is T&M and no repairs to damaged drywall. I would be seeing dollar signs on this one.

Ob

Last edited by Obsaleet; 12/30/07 10:16 AM.

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.
R
" Thermal Imaging Hammer" LOL May I suggest trying the
"Thermal imaging back end of a pipe bender" They usually work really good at drywall removal especially if you are miffed at the 'rockers and have a really good golf swing wink

At that retirement home we wired we had a real issue with the sheetrockers burying EVERYTHING, and it even got to the point they were unscrewing boxes and tossing them up in the ceiling and cutting fire alarm wiring! It got to the point where the rockers complained we were bashing too many holes in the walls and ceilings trying to find stuff they buried!! It all got resolved when they realized that if they stopped burying things they wouldn't have so much repair work to do..

S
Originally Posted by Rewired
" Thermal Imaging Hammer" LOL May I suggest trying the
"Thermal imaging back end of a pipe bender" They usually work really good at drywall removal
I would definently be using the "IR end" of the bender but not on the drywall...

Cat Servant
Unscrewing boxes? Cutting wires? This sounds unbelievable!

I worked ONCE on a job where the trades were at war .. no fun. If they can't be adults - I don't want them in my sandbox!

C
Well, it's been an interesting last couple of days here. Wifey and I have sent letters to all the HO's that were affected by all this and I also called them on the phone and then we went to each and every one of them to explain what was going on.

With the exception of 2 very desperate couples waiting to get into a new home, they all had "fired" the GC and his cast of merry rockers after we explained the reason GC was tacking on this extra 10G's. I offered to do the work for the 2 couples at cost only, that very much want to get into their new homes and also gave them some names of a couple of other sheetrock companies that do very good work if they can convince the GC to use them for the work. The other 5 new home buyers had already contacted their builders and have started legal actions since their builders are not the GC. Both of the builders for these 5 new homes have now found a new GC that I've worked with before and seems to take his work seriously and in a professional manner.

As to the 10 other kitchen reno folks, they had already told this con-artist GC where he could stick the job and gone on to other ways of getting the work done. One guy told us it was a bit of a refreshing change because his wife wanted to get the GC to do the work and the owner really wanted to do the basic work himself - but not the electrical or plumbing.
His wife had caved in to that demand but she did show me some of the other work around their house previously and I must say that I might be inclined to agree with his wife about his carpentry "skills".

However that's between the two of them and we wound up getting the electrical reno anyways. Although, I think I might have to make sure I have some lumber and wood working tools with us when we go to do the job.

So it seems we have booted another scam artist GC out of the city now and maybe our crew can carry on with business.

I wonder where this guy will surface next.

S
Originally Posted by Check Pilot
So it seems we have booted another scam artist GC out of the city...

I wonder where this guy will surface next.
Careful what you say, there is a presidential election going on and it is anybody's race smile

Glad to here things are working out for you.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard