ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 276 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#172640 12/22/07 09:40 PM
K
KJay Offline OP
I've been using Hubbell’s Fargo clamps and insulating sleeves for connecting overhead service drops to service entrance cables at the weatherhead for some time now, but they are really a bit on the expensive side.
Can somebody recommend another product that is similar in quality and ease of installation but maybe a little less expensive?

Thanks

S
They are specifically what my POCO requires us to use.

They are easy but make a mess of my gloves with the de-ox they pre-apply. I'd actually rather use a crimp if they allowed it.

Speedy Petey

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
K
KJay Offline OP
I was looking into those ILSCO clamps that use an Allen wrench, but saw them used on another guys job and I think they looked like crap and didn’t seem like they would be as easy install hot. I used crimp connectors in the past, but it was a royal pain working with those crimpers on a ladder.
I guess I’ll stick with Fargo, especially since I now have the nice insulated ratchet wrenches to fit the bolts of the two sizes I use the most. I know what you mean about the inhibitor all over the gloves sleeves. Sometimes it makes it pretty hard to grip the wrench. I’ve tried using a rag between the glove and the clamp before to try and keep things clean, but even with just a pair of Class 0, that just seemed to makes it clumsier.

Link Copied to Clipboard