ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 261 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#172617 12/22/07 12:38 PM
Cat Servant
An upcoming job has a panel made by "Myers." More than a little dated, I am wondering if there are any breakers available that fit it.

Any ideas?

Reno:
Around here (NJ) there are/were a few 'custom' panels over the years, although most are long gone.

'Colton' panel/panelboards was one; 'Gavin-Graham' was/may still be another. Both of these used 'brand name' breakers within there products. Westinghouse, CH, Challenger, FPE (NOT Stablock), ITE and various others.

You talking a comm panel or resi?

'Myers' a local brand?

John
I've come across a pullcans and gutters made by "Myers".. Is it possible that it's someone else's guts stuck in a pullcan?

Unfortunately the popular local brand around here is Zinsco. I've come across some "Diamond S" panelboards that are turn of the century. They were made in Los Angeles on 16th St.

N
Myers made mobile home (trailer) panels, they were marked as being suitible for I-T-E, GE,Bryant/Westinghouse, Crouse-Hinds breakers, somewhere I have a old catalog floating around will search for it......

If you did not already know these panels and Myers Scru-TiteĀ® hubs WERE from the same company.

N
Found it!States "Interiors will accept plug-in breakers.(Murray,GE,Westinghouse,ITE,Bryant or American Switch.)"

Source MYERS ELECTRIC PRODUCTS, INC. Montebello,Calif. Catalog No. M-581.

Edit: From what I have seen the interiors were made by Bryant, 200A meter socket guts were GE.I am unable to email pics otherwise pic of a 200A "trailer panel" would be in order.

Last edited by NORCAL; 12/22/07 06:32 PM. Reason: More info.
Cat Servant
Thank you, Norcal. I have not removed any of the bolt in breakers as yet ... but it's good to know that the situation isn't hopeless.

For the curious, this panel is a rather primitive "all in one." That is, the same enclosure has the meter, the main breaker, the panel, and a wire gutter as well. There are separate covers over each section. Panel is NEMA-1. Even though it's a bolt-in panel, it's single phase (240). There are small plastic pieces that cover the area between the breakers.

Age? All I can say is that the circuit directory has yellowed to the point where it's hard to read the black print on it, and the slightest touch will likely cause it to fall apart.
Panel is located inside an old gas station.

A
renosteinke, Sorry for the delayed reply but the holidays have kept me busy. As Norcal said Myers panels will accept several varities of PLUG IN breakers. What is troubleing me is that although I have seen many Myers panels in florida I have never seen a BOLT ON version. One has to question if we are talking about the same thing????

Cat Servant
I'll try to post some pics in about ten days ... I'm off on vacation laugh

Make sure tou get the latest electrical violation pics while your on vacation! :-)

~Matt

I would rather beg for forgiveness then beg for permission.

Link Copied to Clipboard