ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
JBD Offline
In this area, all non-residential services 400A and larger are always three-phase, except "out in the country" where the POCO only has single phase available.

J
JJM Offline
Folks, go easy on HEI... it wouldn't have made a rats *** of difference whether or not he had paperwork signed off, stamped, and everything was in accordance with the "Blue Book" because ConEd ROUTINELY makes changes at whim. Go ahead... march in there with all your papers with ConEd stamps and all and go fight them... they'll just disconnect the power in the iterim until everything is ironed out.

What HEI is describing is not at all unusual here in NYC. Ripping out new, signed off work is just part of "life in the big city."

I'm willing to bet too that ConEd won't be connecting 500 MCM to MCM... they'll probably feed something like 2/0, perhaps even smaller. Then everyone wonders why everything was going up in flames in northwest Queens a couple of summers ago.

Perhaps most lamentable is how we here all seem to accept this...

S
Like I said teflon underwear...

Last edited by sparkyinak; 12/21/07 09:24 PM.

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard