ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
480 sucks to get tangle in. Been then, done that, did not like it. crazy

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
E
e57 Offline
It's a horrible way to go! Odds are since he was working for a property management company - he had someone yelling at him to get it done before the rain started again. And may have even instructed him to put them 'all the way up'. That person also may be dealing with serious emotional and possible legal grief. This is a work related incident from what I understand??? With the weather lately, I doubt anyone was eager to go hang lights...

I'll also add this. Tree trimming is pretty lax 'round here. Odds are a problem was due to happen - with the tree anyway if too close. And if he was at 60' - he may have been above the lines tossing the lights around and made contact - looks like the tree was at a decent, yet fairly close distance.

[Linked Image from image.cbslocal.com]

This guy was 23....

Last edited by e57; 12/19/07 04:22 AM.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
Z
Zapped Offline OP
What ever the case may be, and however the media screwed the facts up, it's still an ugly bit of business. This is another reason, and probably the best yet, to run public service ads that give your average Joe a quick safety overview about hanging holiday lights.

Sure, not everyone will see it. Sure, not everyone who sees it will heed it. But if just one 23 yr old makes it to dinner that night because of a 30 second safety course they catch on TV, then I say it's worth it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard