ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 271 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
For those of you that tried to get on the chat room.

Upon registration:
You should have gotten 2 emails.........One with the activation code, and one with the password.(which is Case Sensitive, be sure and type it in EXACTLY as it is sent)

These are NOT the same.

(If one is missing, double check your spam/bulk email folder).
In absence of this:

If you'll go to the login page, and click "Register Name/Update Password", you'll see "Forgot Password".

This will cause another email to be sent to your box, containing the password with which you can login..

You can change the password as soon as you login.

Members that have been unable to register successfully with the "old" Chatroom can do so with the new one. It's an upgrade from the previous version, with lots of new features.

Come and join us !! smile

Last edited by electure; 11/18/07 02:22 PM. Reason: to add info
Hi Scott,
I noticed something with my browser last night that I would like to relate here in case it may help others that are having trouble with this new version of the software:
I found that upon clicking upon the little ECN Chat bubble at the top of the Forum page, the new window would open, then I would be thrown off the Net altogether.

Now, I thought at first that this was a Java fault, but when I got to thinking, it became clear, I use Firefox as a web browser and you have to set your browser up to accept the new domain that the Chat room now uses, (ie, it's not based at electrical-contractor.net anymore).

So, in Firefox, click on Tools above the address bar, click on Options >Content >Exceptions (next to block pop-up windows), in the address bar, enter licensedelectrician.com, click Allow.
Next, Click on Exceptions next to Load images automatically, re-enter the new domain (licensedelectrician.com), click Allow.

In Internet Explorer, I think you use Internet options and open the Trusted sites window, don't quote me on that, I haven't used IE in years.

Now, regarding these e-mails for your password and account activation link, I found that my ISP was taking out the e-mails from the new domain as SPAM, before they reached the mail server and I was not getting them at all.
The way to work around this, is to use a seperate e-mail address that you know the mail will show up in.
It is a sad fact of life these days that because of spammers, ISP's will automatically delete messages that look like spam in one way or another.

I signed up with the username TrumpyNZ and had to use a free Gmail account to actually get the e-mails to come through.
My Trumpy username is un-available now because I can't retrieve the e-mails from my ISP.

I note that there are a couple of other threads relating to the problems we've had with the new Chat software, please only use this thread in future, if you are still having issues with getting into the Chat room, as the replies are getting a tad fragmented over the General Discussion Area.

C
Thanks for the help. It all worked out now. Chat room is now accessible from my end.
Cheers.

Administrator
New Chatroom is now in place.

People that completed the registration process for the demo should still be registered and have no problem getting in the new room. Anyone that did not register for the Demo will have to register there to get in.

People that started the registration process but did not complete it (by following the email instructions) will need to re-register. If you have a problem doing that let me know.

Bill

Link Copied to Clipboard