ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
Adam12 Offline OP
Hi

I got my 309A ticket this month.
By law can i put my add in local yellow
pages to get elctrical work.
Whats the requirement to open electrical
company?.

Thanks
Adams

T
you have to be a licenced electrician for 3yrs. take the pre-master electrician course and write the masters exam.once you pass you can register to become an electrical contactor. visit esca website

J
here is the link to the ESA contractor page.

http://www.esaecra.info/site/index.php

To be eligible for an ECRA/ESA Electrical Contractor Licence the applicant shall;
In the case of an individual, be at least 18 years of age;
Be a Master Electrician, or employ at all times at least one Designated Master Electrician;
Have an address for service;
Have public liability and property damage insurance coverage of at least $2,000,000;
Be registered with the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, if the applicant is required to register under the Work Place Safety and Insurance Act, 1997;
Not be in default of filing a return with the Minister of Finance or of paying any tax, penalty or interest assessed under the Retail Sales Tax Act or the Corporations Tax Act, if applicable, for which payment arrangements have not been made; and
Not owe the ESA any money for which payments arrangements have not been made.

M
I am in the process of getting my masters. The inspector was telling us of a guy who put an add in yellow.ca who was not a registered elecrical contractor. Within 3 weeks he received registered mail asking him to remove his add or be fined! They are really cracking down out there. The inspector said that they are handing out fines whether your lisenced or not. If you don't meet there requirments, then your working illegally.

Never trust an electrician with no eyebrows!!

Link Copied to Clipboard