ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
J
jdevlin Offline OP

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
Cat Servant
Gee ... what a surprise.

Guys, my family spent 6 years in Red China. It was my dad's job to monitor the products being made for the American manufacturer. Now - putting aside the frivolous use of the 'race card' - you have to understand that those folks operate under a whole different set of rules. That's what the word 'culture' means.

Part and parcel of this outlook is that, specifications notwithstanding, anything they can slip past you is 'close enough.' Any differences at that point 'don't matter.'

Another part is that there is NO such thing as a 'legal system.' At least, not that you would recognize. You ability to enforce a contract is defined strictly by your ability to have the other guy carted off to jail - and vice-versa. The only 'club' a foreign firm has are the abilities to decline future business, withhold payment, and keep assets safe from seizure.

Many American firms have learned these lessons the hard way. Others have yet to learn. Google the manufacturer "Apex" if you want to see just how badly things can go wrong.

The 'short version' is: any place that institutionalizes slave labor, harvests body parts from prison inmates, and murders 'unauthorized' children .... isn't going to hesitate to fill product cases with whatever crap they can get away with.

Link Copied to Clipboard