ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#17028 11/20/02 02:03 AM
Every so often I think it's great to do a "Meet and Greet" type of Thread. It's an opportunity We hope some will take to come forward and say Hello and maybe tell us something about themselves and where they're from. [Linked Image]

This is a good opportunity to give us your comments and suggestions too. If any Members would like to add a greeting or comment here, please do.

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
#17029 11/20/02 12:32 PM
Hello to all:
I've been here a while, don't know exactly how long.

I mention this site to people in the trade and hope they stop by and check it out.

I'm in New Jersey, a licensed EC, and a part time electrical inspector.

John

John
#17030 11/20/02 01:11 PM
R
RR Offline
Hello! I'm a "newbie" as well to this board. I'm an Electrical Engineer working for an Electrical Contractor in Yorba Linda, CA. Studying for my EIT next April.

#17031 11/20/02 03:40 PM
W
Hello all;
I'm new to the site. An electrician. Live in Massachusetts. Giving carefull thought right now as to taking a position as an outside salesman for a elec. supply. Moneys not nearly as good as the field, but the benifits are nice. See what happens after TG.. Maybe if I take the job I can sell u something. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Wirenuttt (edited 11-20-2002).]

#17032 11/20/02 11:12 PM
Thanks for the Comments.

Anyone else care to say something here?

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
#17033 11/22/02 01:56 AM
Broom Pusher and
Hello all,

Like to say hello to all Members - New and Existing.
Been around since I think 1999??? Bill can verify this.

Please feel free to post questions about anything - or make replies to threads.

Got something to contribute??? Let us know!

I am the clown which Moderates the Theory section and the Technical Reference section - along with being the one who draws up most of those weird Schematics!
Newcomers, along with long-time Members, are encouraged to check out these sections and contribute their input / comments / suggestions.

For other than U.S. stuff, be sure to check out Paul's "Non-US Electrical Systems and Trades" for European related discussions, along with
Tony's "Canadian Electrical Code Topics" for Canadian related discussions.

For safety items, check out the "Safety Discussion, News and Recalls" ares.

For some variety of different ways to do things - along with some humorous images, check out Joe Tedesco's "Violation Photo Forum" area, and the "Photos Submitted For Discussion" area.

Note to Newcomers:
This site has an extremely large amount of Information available - covering nearly any part of the trade [and even outside the trade!].
You will find a vast number of Members here which are very sharp and willing to assist.

Along those lines, the Moderators have posted alot of helpful stuff for Members to use.

And lastly, be sure to thank the site's Webster, whom without this wouldn't exist!
instead we would all be fighting in some other forum! [Linked Image]

Scott s.e.t.

P.S. "RR", I see that you are in Yorba Linda. I'm in Anaheim, just West of Disneyland.
How close are you to Imperial Highway and Orangethorpe / Esperanza?

s.e.t.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
#17034 11/22/02 07:02 AM
S
welcome all, this is a diverse site...which sets it apart from many......

btw, 'bout time Wirenuttt
[Linked Image]

#17035 11/22/02 11:00 AM
Welcome! Send a copy of your picture so it can be added to the thread https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000142.html on this site with many members.

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
#17036 11/22/02 04:57 PM
R
Well, hello.

I found this site from Mike holts.
I enjoy the learning banter that the heavy hitters get to inthe NEC fourm.

I mostly do remodeling and small jobs.
Ive been in the trades for about 20 yrs.

For all those interested in electrical wireing, I highly sugest you go out and buy a NEC code book and follow along with the BIG guys, I've learned soooo much ...

These fourms are great.... THANKS

#17037 11/22/02 06:12 PM
W
HI all, new and not so new alike members. Yes Bill, and Scott and Sparky I thank all you guys for making me welcome. although i havnt put up many topics, I do read alot of the ones that are posted, and reply when I can.
this is one forum that is user frindly to all.their are a lot of good people here and I myself plan to keep in touch.
This forum has been a big help to me, understanding that there are a lot of ways to do things, not allway right or wrong, but the proper way. ok Bill I said my piece for now, do I get a B.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard