ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/22/24 10:36 AM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 211 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Z
The trick is really to moisturize your hands (and everything else) right out of the shower in the morning (or whenever you shower) and right after washing your hands. The trick is to lock the moisture in, not try to get it in there later. My girlfriend will be proud that I know this...

Gloves help a lot too. "Mechanix" or similar type gloves keep you from taking a lot of little nicks and cuts that contribute to cracking and hand pain. The only time I'm not wearing them is when I'm using tape or working with particularly tiny parts.

Good Luck!

E
I have been known to wear vasoline filled gloves at night to help this problem. I look like Mickey Mouse, but it works. Besides, the lights are out anyway.

Earl
I haven't found a good lotion to make it thru our Maine winters - but I do use super glue to seal over the cracks that are deep and painful - works great, no pain, and washes out with Lava, usually at the end of the first or second day....

Grov

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard