ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 276 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
So I open my email account and I see a September Promotions email from Generac. It states, "Buy any two 10-16Kw generators before Sept. 25 and receive a Milwaukee 18volt battery drill and a Milwaukee jobsite radio."

I think great. I just ordered one 10Kw today and I'm pretty confident I can sell another one before the dealine.

So I called my latest account manager (they seem to change every few months) to ask what I need to do to take advantage of the promotion. He said, "Buy two 10-16Kw units." I said, "Okay, I just ordered one today and I'm sure I can sell another before the deadline." He says, "Nope, you have to buy two at the same time." I said, "That's not what your email states. It says if I buy two units before Sept.25 I get the promotional items." He says, "That's not how it works."

So we go round and round and he starts getting ignorant (as they typically do at Generac) and I ask for his boss. He says, "I'll talk to him. Hold on." He comes back and says, "My boss agrees with me."

So I ended that conversatin and called a customer of mine who is an attorney and explain the situation to him. He advised me to file a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General if I do in fact purchase another unit before the Sept. 25 and they fail to honor their promotion. He said it's false advertising.

Any other Generac dealers here that would like to comment ? If there was another residential generator manufacturer that could deliver I would be glad to drop Generac.

Last edited by sparky 134; 09/17/07 10:30 PM. Reason: I can't spell real good like
Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
Cat Servant
Gee ... spend all that money with them, and all you get is a silly drill? Some deal.

M
I just signed on with Kohler. I have been pleased with everything so far.
Their units are a little higher priced, but You have to consider the issues You mentioned... I don't have time for knuckleheads.

S
I looked into Kohler but there prices were a lot higher than Generac. If I remember correctly Kohler was around $1,800.00 higher than a comparable in size Generac.

That makes it very hard to use them.

L
As a former generator repair technician, I'll take Onan, Kohler, and Caterpillar over Generac any day of the week. The quality in materials, construction and workmanship, was self evident.

To me, Generac was the type of equipment you threw out when it died. Repairs were difficult due to sealed non interchangable parts, engines that ran at 3600 rpm instead of 1800 or 1200 rpm, and a general make it cheap feel to the machines.

Obviously, these are just my opinions, based on my repair experiences, not your selling requirements.

Larry C

Link Copied to Clipboard