ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 247 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Y
Where and Whens the soonest I can get my hands on a 2008 Code book or Handbook ??? Most flyers I;ve gotten say late Oct. some time at the earliest??
Thanks

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

E
Go to your IAEI section meeting at the end of September. The NFPA vendor will be happy to sell you a copy of the 2008 NEC:

http://www.iaei.org/membership/datesahead.htm

They will also give you a seminar on the 2008 changes.

Earl
Cat Servant
If it's anything like the last time ..... you'll be the LAST person in town to get it, of you order it from the NFPA.

The first copies are likely to show up at your supply house- and those are the paperback copies.

If you want the NEC in some other form, plan on a Christmas delivery.

G
I am not sure what is going to happen in Florida. I understand we are skipping the 2008 and just cherry picking a few things to add to the FBC.
I am not going to be in a hurry to buy the book.

Greg Fretwell
M
The online version is out now on the NFPA website. Its a crappy interface, but the code is there.

Mark
Kent, WA
Z
Amazon just sent me a pre-order notice, stating that they will have it available on October 1st. 10% off for pre-order.

G
I am guessing IAEI will give anyone who is up on their dues a free one again.

Greg Fretwell
S
Does anyone know if the CD's are actually CD's this time?

For NEC 2002 I got a CD using folio and I still use it for the quality of the product. For NEC 2005 I had to download a encrypted PDF, what a pain. The interface is poor to extreemely poor versus what was had with folio, and now I can not access it on either my laptop or my desktop and microslop got rid of my .NET account because I am not on hotmail. The electronic NEC 2005 as packaged by NFPA and received by me is a poor excuse for what is now a worthless product.

I would like to know if anyones experience with the electronic version of NEC 2008 shows that they might have a working product again?

...sigh, I sent an email yesterday to NFPA stating my problems. I should have done this a 1.5 years ago when I lost final access but project work has been to demanding until now to even try to access it.

Shane

G
I didn't buy the CD version of the 2005 because of that funky interface. I agree the Folio version of 2002 is a superior product.

Greg Fretwell
S
I just reactivated my NEC 2005 with a far better experience. NFPA got rid of the .NET garbage, went to a simple security plugin, and just have on each page copyright info and your name. The file is now easily legally portable during upgrades, reimages, and between your desktop and laptop.

Now if only they had ttaken the time to give it the Folio versions full bookmark index.

I am smiling again at least.

Shane

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard