ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
if you are supecting a current leakage which it trip the GFCi for hot tub why not get the Megger® to find out if this is the curpit.

many time with heating element it will get corroded or get a pinhole over the time that useally is the most common one the second most common is hot tub pump motor is next most common also so that one of the two most common devices it can trip but there are few other stuff in there can trip the GFCI

If you are famiumar with the Megger® set the 2X over the line voltage the Megger® will useally have 250,500 and i think 1KV as well depending on what model you have make sure you disconnect any lead when you do this testing so you dont blow any senstive electronic devices.

i am not sure excat number of ohms it should be a no go and go level

hope this will help ya with this

Merci , Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

G
These things may have some expensive labels on the box but they are basically just water heater elements that are "spa listed". They do rot out in the chemicals (usually low pH), develop shorts and trip GFCIs.

Greg Fretwell
A
AWL Offline OP
and the answer is.....it was a bad gfi breaker.......thanks everyone for the input!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard