ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 126 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Originally Posted by CTwireman
Originally Posted by Retired_Helper
The GFCI's were first made in the Brooklyn plant, then in the West Kingston, RI, plant, then they moved to Tijuana, Mexico.

I always thought that they were made at the Hillsgrove plant in Warwick, RI. Interesting. Last I heard, they have all but stopped manufacturing at Hillsgrove, leaving only the distribution center in operation.

Argh! Ya got me, it's true, some of the GFCI production went to Hillsgrove before heading south. How could I forget? They cut a big hole in the top floor rear facade of the 3 storey building in Warwick, and lifted equipment up there by crane.

Leviton Hillsgrove manufacturing officially ended in 2006. As you mentioned, and the last I knew, Leviton's distribution arm now occupies the entire complex.

I installed a commercial electric GFI yesterday and there, right on the back of it, "Made In the USA"

Im glad I bought another 10 boxes a few days ago.

~Matt

I would rather beg for forgiveness then beg for permission.
N
"I installed a commercial electric GFI yesterday and there, right on the back of it, "Made In the USA" "
Sure it was not USA province of China??? :D:D:D:D:D

C
Originally Posted by TOOL_5150
I installed a commercial electric GFI yesterday and there, right on the back of it, "Made In the USA"

I find that impossible to believe, but I might be convinced with some photographic evidence. I haven't seen an American made GFCI in years now, least of all a Home Depot knockoff brand.

Peter
B
BigB Offline OP
Are you sure it didn't say "box made in USA?"

It was quite a long day, I may have my info backwards... I will get a pic tomarrow... Or an apology if I was wrong.

~Matt

I did in fact have the wrong info. The "Made In USA" stamp was on some cooper electric devices I was installing the same day.

Long days, Half being int he hot sun doesnt do well on the brain sometimes.

~Matt

N
Anything "Commercial Electric" is a contribution to the Peoples Liberation Army, AKA made in China.. I would much rather use Leviton over any off brand like Commercial Electric or the "UL approved" (yeah right) Horror Fright GFCI.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard