ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 382 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#167949 08/23/07 10:16 PM
G
Ever used it? My wife just showed up with about 500' of 3 cell, "locatable" and they were not sure what it was.

I had never seen it but it looks interesting on the internet.

Still not sure what they are going to do with it but it was certainly too expensive looking to throw away (their first impulse).

Greg Fretwell
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

E
It is awesome! It provides separate compartments within a large PVC, yet it doesn't take up nearly as much room as traditional innerduct. Zero friction burn to other cables when re-pulling (or pulling-in for the first time. It easily allows separate ducts for three times what solid innerduct would offer. I sure wish that I had invented it.

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."
G
This does look like pretty nice stuff but I am not sure what they are going to do with it.
This is left over from their fiber adventure I imagine.
I am guessing it isn't cheap

Greg Fretwell
E
No, it's not cheap at all. The savings is gained by lower shipping costs, ease in handling and increased conduit capacity (especially in congested duct banks). When you consider the fact that the equivalent of three 1" PVC/PE innerducts can be provided by one piece of triple-cell, the single smaller reel size alone makes a huge difference in handling costs. I have not actually installed it yet, but I have been on a project where it was being used. I was quite impressed at the speed and simplicity that surrounds the installation of this product.

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."
G
I bet there is 250-300' on the spool in the back of her truck and they don't want to see it again. If anyone can figure out how to get it from here make them an offer. I don't want the money, pay the folks who own it.

Greg Fretwell

Link Copied to Clipboard