ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#166709 07/26/07 07:53 PM
W
I Was very saddened today. My mother called asking what my former bosses name was. Before I became an electrician I worked for a vinyl siding/roofing company.
So any how. My mother said that my former boss's 17 year old son was killed yesterday. They were dismanteling staging at a condo complex, when they lost control of the riser, and it dropped onto power lines nearby. My point is that it's not just us in the electrical trade who need to emphasize safety around live electricity. It needs to become instilled in all contractors. Complacency can be just as deadly as ignorance of danger.

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
WireNuts:
Welcome to ECN from one of the Jersey Guys!
Yes, other trades can and do get their share of death and injuries from electricity. A few months back a young guy installing windows died from a boom touching a bare OH service.

Take care, stay safe..

John
S
A year or so ago I posted about a worker from agnoli signs who died here in Holyoke Mass while working above the ceiling at Filenes . Caution and care must be observed at all times. My regaurds to the family. 17 is way too young to leave this world.
Always,
Steve

G
I think most construction and maintenance deaths are from people who contact overhead lines doing non-electrical tasks. FPL is always running ads telling us to look up before we erect ladders, use pruners or install antennas.

Greg Fretwell
Catchphrase used here in respect to Overhead Lines:
Look Up, Look Out!

Link Copied to Clipboard