ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 513 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Welcome aboard, it's good to have you with us.
Ian

Last edited by IanR; 07/26/07 08:00 AM.
Les:
A HO, single family, owner occupied, can do his own elec/plumb with permit. HO permits require information on proposed install, and depending on scope of job, can be written or drawing or both. (Owner generated)

Multi family require LIC. EC, period. Drawings/specs may be acceptable when prepared by EC, again dependent on scope of job

I'll review in UCC and get back to you on specifics

John

John
Les:
The UCC has specifics as to plans prepared by EC/Plumber, dependent on the Use Group of the structure, the Square footage, height, & number of stories. If I only had a scanner!

As a side note, now that this turned into a thread jack.....
Ever wonder how many "Jersey Guys" know of, or have seen a copy of the UCC??? I had one at the last association meeting ask if he could xerox mine! HaHa....all 900+ pages..

Give me a call if you want more....or lets start a Jersey thread.
John

John
P
Originally Posted by LK
With this being the internet, we have posters from all over US, and in other countries. Bob tries to remind everyone, to be cautious when posting issues, where laws, or regulations apply, because they differ for every area.

And remember that rules can change over time. As anyone who has followed the discussions in the Non-U.S. area will know, residential electrical in the U.K. now has a certain amount of regulation, with jobs involving some works being notifiable to the local council, others not. Until a couple of years ago though, there was no regulation whatsoever and the official position was "Do whatever you like."

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard