Greg, Luck and Rod:

Thanks guys. Yeah I try to be careful when I am out there, as I'm not a young pup anymore. smile My doctors are of course very unhappy that I ride, but the cardio and other benefits far outweigh the risks. Since I don't jump the huge jumps that supercross racers do I feel my risk is "low" at least as far as mx racing is concerned. My main concern now is I need to hit the gym and get into better shape so I can handle the bike better. smile I am also investing in a proper neck brace before I resume my racing. (Google "Leatt Brace" for more info.)

For many years I had a street bike, an '86 FZ750, and honestly I was more scared on it that I ever was on my mx bikes...the freeway drivers out here in So Cali are nuts!!

Shortcircuit:

I wish you and you son all the best!! I hope you make it to Loreta Lynn's (for those who don't know, it is like the superbowl of outdoor motocross), it was one of my goals when I was racing in the 90's. Depending on how things turn out when I start racing again, I may yet get to go and race in the Vet class...:)

Would love to see that '82 Maico..

Yeah, motocross has always been good to me, and as you said the people are the greatest...they still are..I have met a few new friends so far and re-connected with some of the folks I used to go to the races with.

And my years spent working at the tracks..the riders were for the most part awesome..and I really love the kids, they have so much fun at the track both racing and socializing.

One sad note, KTM discontinued their "Junior Supercross Challenge" this year, after a good 10 year run. It was a great thing, kids who did well in school got to get the "Factory Supercross" treatment and got to race the same supercross track as the pros.

Stupid should be painful.