ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 216 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Talk about "progress":
Permits accepted by fax.......
Permits on the internet.......

Guys, here in NJ, I am not aware of any areas using the modern methods.
The State UCC, and the Board of Examiners require that the permit apps be sealed and signed by the license holder, or an authorized employee of the licensee. Guess you guys with the fax and new priveleges don't have seals??

Seems that most areas the permits are readily available.

Dependent on the individual town/city here in NJ, you may get a resi permit ASAP, if there is an AHJ "in" to price it and sign it "approved". Usually, it takes a "few" days.
Plan review is "limited" to being completed within 20 days, per state rules; but sometimes it takes "longer"..

John

John
N
go down to city hall and have permit in hand paid for when i walk out. The only hold up is if the general does not have building permit. or
fax in form and credit card authorization and city will (snail) mail the permit and reciept. or
one city has a fund deposit plan, as long as you have the funds in your account you can e mail your permit app and it will be mailed to you. Account is password protected. They also send you a monthly statement any time you had any account activity.
Plan checks belong to the general or owner except for design build. If design build then once your plans are approved the you can get permit.
Longest time I have had to wait for a permit was 3 days.

ed
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard