ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
U
u2slow Offline OP
I've inquired with a few banks about getting setup to take credit card payments. Seems expensive and requires a long-term commitment even if its just a phone-in card confirmation plan. A wireless POS terminal is considerably more again.

Anyone use any of the online payment processing companies?

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
I havent figured that out yet either i did look at the Costco thing but it seems i have to get there terminal . I work from home so i really would rather phone it in myself too.

M
Try using this online solution Start accepting credit cards using paypal

S
I use ... its a terminal called PC verifier, and it does have a handheld unit too, the company is: merchantanywhere.com and the rates are the best we've found and they've been very reliable with support and no minimums, always the same rate. The rate is a point better if you scan the card as opposed to typing it in. I forget the rates but have always been satisfied and they are way lower than the bank.

L
LK Offline
$10 a month plus 2.2 Discount fee, and we phone them in.

We don't do large volume sales, so a machine would cost more to maintain, we have knuckle busters in trucks, great for getting signature on site, then just phone it in.

try this company:
http://www.atlasinnovation.com/index.html
they are very reliable, knowledgable and most imnportant best at customer service.

Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live

B
Originally Posted by LK

We don't do large volume sales, so a machine would cost more to maintain, we have knuckle busters in trucks, great for getting signature on site, then just phone it in.

What bank is that thru if you don't mind my asking. I would accept credit cards if I could get a deal like that

L
LK Offline
Originally Posted by BigB
Originally Posted by LK

What bank is that thru if you don't mind my asking. I would accept credit cards if I could get a deal like that

Concord automated transaction service
Memphis Tenn.

http://ir.firstdatacorp.com/news/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=120888

What is nice about the service is, the money is usually in the bank the next day, and they do offer better rates. Most of the other companies tried to sell us up to terminals and expensive equipment plans, this company offered the basic service.

Last edited by LK; 07/12/07 01:54 PM.
Thanks LK I see they are international so i have called them for further Details.Had to leave a message.

P
I've got a similar deal to take credit cards... $10/month, around 2.4%, and a free terminal. It's with my local bank. Try negotiating for the terminal. Our plan has no minimum.

I called them in for several years before going to this system. Don't ever give employees your PIN though. Transactions need to be processed in the office.

The terminal is nice because it gives us feedback as to the transaction. We staple the receipt to the invoice copy. If the customer wants one, we mail it to them. We always rub the credit card to the invoice with a pen for the impression (3 carbonless copies) and get a signature. The customer gets one, the second is used to send them the receipt copy (upon request), and the cardstock back sheet is kept on file.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard