ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 277 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
J
I just applied to Local Union 6 (San Francisco) today and I was told when the entry exam will be and I am just wondering how long most people waited after taking the exam till the interview. It would be even better if you were from the same union. Also does that very short study guide (8 questions) they give you really show you what most of the questions will be like? Thanks for any replies.

E
jon,

I applied on may 15th, had my aptitude test on june 20th and just got a letter in the mail today that i passed and i now have an interview scheduled for aug 1st. I would have to say study up on all basice algebra there where very few on the test like in the study guide.

Tony

J
Is it common to have to wait a whole month or more from the exam til the interview? It seems like it would take forever to grade all those tests unless sent into a company like the SAT scores are counted. Either way it sounds like it takes some time. Is there some set percentage of people that must be accepted each year?

E
e57 Offline
Others can speak to this more directly, but like all tests, dont get stuck on one question. Answer best choice then answer the easier ones, then go back and correct and double check. Unanswered questions don't get any score at all. This doesn't mean you should not bone up on the math/geometry/mechanical basics as well as some of the higher level stuff.

You pretty much need to ace this thing, Local 6 takes about 100 or so now out of many thousands. (Due to the high pay when or if you get hired down the line. One of the highest in the country, if not the whole state. People come out of the wood work to take it.)

FYI there is a very nice family owned burger joint further south on Mission if you do get in. And a very good steak and cheese sub up the street from the hall on Fillmore.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason

Link Copied to Clipboard