ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 260 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#165441 06/27/07 08:16 PM
N
Some of you out there may know of me from my time to time postings. I come to my fellow nj guys and ask if anyone is in need of an employee. I am laid off and looking for work. If you can help or know of someone that can please email me. I have 7 years exp. Comm/Res Lead man on resi work with my prior companies. But will take on any position you may have. Thanks I am located in Gloucester County NJ but can travel.

Fishnj@comast.net

Wireman:
I'll call around Monday. Most guys I know are from Northern Monmouth Cty and 'upwards'
How far North you willing to go?
John

John
D
Mahlere is paying "his" service techs $35/hr with full bennies..

Look him up.

M
Dnk is correct...However, you have to be a "corrupt person" and lie and steal...oh, we work the evil flat rate too...so, sorry, you are probably too good of a person to stoop so low.

NJ, good luck, we run resi only in Monmouth County and Commercial from Monmouth North. Where abouts are you? I'll pick my brain to see if I can think of anyone down there.

Hey Dnk...thanks for thinking of me:D

Edit to add- RG, thanks for the heads up...I'm glad that I could offer some type of constructive input here:D

Last edited by mahlere; 06/29/07 05:46 PM.
D
Erik, I was stating you have a very generous pay scale, based upon your posts.

It's no wonder you get so many phone calls from guys looking for work.

I thought you were always looking for good guys.
I have no idea why you get upset.

L
LK Offline
Dnk,

Just this week one of his competors form the same township was working in my neighborhood, I can tell you the exact hours he was there, and when you figure the price the neighbor paid, and devide the hours Erik is cheap, compared to his competion.

The average service electrician around here is making anywhere from $25 to $35 on average, the OP looking for work is in south jersey, I have no idea what they are getting down there, but if he can travel, then going north may increase his chances.

M
Erik, I was stating you have a very generous pay scale, based upon your posts.

It's no wonder you get so many phone calls from guys looking for work.

I thought you were always looking for good guys.
I have no idea why you get upset.

not upset at all...i'm glad you thought of me...i was beginning to think you didn't like me anymore.

Last edited by mahlere; 06/29/07 08:16 PM.
M
Originally Posted by LK
Dnk,

Just this week one of his competors form the same township was working in my neighborhood, I can tell you the exact hours he was there, and when you figure the price the neighbor paid, and devide the hours Erik is cheap, compared to his competion.

The average service electrician around here is making anywhere from $25 to $35 on average, the OP looking for work is in south jersey, I have no idea what they are getting down there, but if he can travel, then going north may increase his chances.

time to raise the rates? ok...good..

D
Actually, I don't hate you, I've never met you.
Hate is a tough word.

Dislike some of the philosophies, and the possible "real" reasons behind them, would be a better term or terms to use.

It doesn't matter to me, what you use to build a business in relation to business model, but the ethical things are the ones that bother me, and the promotion of such models.

Someday, I will write a post on the reasons behind the $99 upfront charges, and how they relate to "buyers remorse".How pressuring a customer with the use of "shock words" and introducing paranio with keys words will keep a customer from finding 3 estimates.
How the marketting game, with "upfront pricing" and lifetime guarentees is really played, and how the cost of a receptacle change that costs $700 from a price book is all about.

Never have I said all "flat raters" do this, but I am sure most guys here know what I am talking about, and this type of activity happens all over the country.

To each his own.....

M
Originally Posted by Dnkldorf
Actually, I don't hate you, I've never met you.
Hate is a tough word.

Hate? Who said Hate? No me..

Originally Posted by Dnkldorf
Dislike some of the philosophies, and the possible "real" reasons behind them, would be a better term or terms to use.

It doesn't matter to me, what you use to build a business in relation to business model, but the ethical things are the ones that bother me, and the promotion of such models.

Someday, I will write a post on the reasons behind the $99 upfront charges, and how they relate to "buyers remorse".How pressuring a customer with the use of "shock words" and introducing paranio with keys words will keep a customer from finding 3 estimates.
How the marketting game, with "upfront pricing" and lifetime guarentees is really played, and how the cost of a receptacle change that costs $700 from a price book is all about.

Never have I said all "flat raters" do this, but I am sure most guys here know what I am talking about, and this type of activity happens all over the country.

To each his own.....

So are you against ethical business practices? I am going to go out on a limb and assume that you meant to say 'un-ethical'

See Dnk, this is where you always go awry...you never think before you type.

I will definitely agree that there are companies that operate flat rate and do things that are unethical and possibly illegal. I will also state that there are companies that operate T&M that are guilty of the exact same "crimes" How can a T&M company billing a total of 12 hrs to customers, for an 8 hr day be ethical?

But where you truly go wrong is to even hint, in a public forum, that I have ever done or promoted anything unethical or illegal. I know there is a legal term for what you have just done, but truthfully I don't know if it's slander or defamation of character...whatever.

I challenge you to go through all of my posts anywhere and find where I advocate or promote unethical actions. Quite the contrary.

So, we were having a nice conversation, making up, and then you go and put your foot in your mouth.

I am dying to see your your post on the real reasons behind those items you have listed.

Until then, I expect a public apology, for your unfounded accusation.

Good day to you...

Last edited by mahlere; 06/30/07 10:36 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard