ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#165284 06/25/07 01:25 AM
cookcc Offline OP
Hello all I just passed my CA state Law and Trade exam and other than getting a good acountant dose any one have any advice about making the the transition from journeyman (15 years exp. mostly industrial) to a master electrician i.e. Contractor.
Let me say that althought I am a great motor guy I plan on focusing on risidential T.I. which I'm also verry good at (inside wiring) until I can afford to pick up an infared camera and solicit some ot the local industry for scan jobs with additional repairs with a bundle deal. All feed back is welcome and feel free to stray from the subject if It can inlighten me in my business.

COOKCC
J
cookcc,
Congratulations on your acheivement.
If it has been fifteen years since you last tested, I would contact your local tech school for training classes to prepare for the Masters exam.
Tom Henry's system is very good. Does not teach what you already know, just how to pass the test. www.tomhenry.com

You probably took the 8 hour exam when you passed the journeymans?
Here in SC. you can take the test every Saturday, 4 hrs.
Two tries for same price.
Great to hear your a motor guy. Not many around that really understand them and their controllers.

Apply for the test as soon as you start the preparation course. You want to test asap after the class. "when I got my masters I finished the class on a Wednesday, and then tested the following Saturday".

Good luck.

E
e57 Offline
Originally Posted by cookcc
Hello all I just passed my CA state Law and Trade exam ~~~~ All feed back is welcome and feel free to stray from the subject if It can Enlighten me in my business.

Sounds like you already have taken the plunge and have a license....

Normally I wouldn't bag on spelling or grammer - as mine aint grieght. But its a start, "Contacting are about contracts". (ones that can hold up in court...) Otherwise stick around as many of the items discussed here over time will help. (Unless you have a specific topic...)

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
cookcc Offline OP
Thanks alot e57 now thats the kind of feed back that will keep me out of court on help me win in court

COOKCC

Link Copied to Clipboard