ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 264 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#164861 06/13/07 02:59 AM
M
Apple just released a free Windows version of its built in browser called Safari. I have been using it for several years now and find it pretty good, although it doesn't have a spell checker like Firefox has which would be pretty nice.

I'm going to "put it to the test" on my Vista box this afternoon. I'd try it on my iBook, but I'm still using (and will stay with until forced to upgrade) Panther.

Ian A.

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
I'll take Firefox over Safari anyday, on any platform.

Okay I just tried it, and I'll stick with Firefox on Vista (and Camino/FF on my Mac.) Just like the version 1.21 I have on this iBook, hangs if you go to a site that depends on Flash or a lot of Java.

Ian A.

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
I got something better than M$ IE6, Firefox, netscape or that mac stuff: Opera 9.23 for Windows - Its free, has tabed browsing, you can save/export all your preferences, its immune to a lot of bugs that kill IE quickly, its free, it has a menu called 'widgets' Not sure about that - never used it but its nice to know its there! lol

oh and did I mention its free as well? I have used it for over a year now and keeps getting better... Give it a try.

~Matt

I would rather beg for forgiveness then beg for permission.
Opera (not sure what version I used) also has an email client built in, but it has serious problems handling incomming email in HTML format, and flat can't send HTML emails. Not a bad product otherwise.

Radar

There are 10 types of people. Those who know binary, and those who don't.

Link Copied to Clipboard