ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#163679 05/14/07 02:56 PM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
This is a rough look at the culmination of many years of hard work desingning and building the ideal service/ installation truck (16' box vans). They are all set up identically for either residential and commercial work.

Crap! My conduit rack is not showing. It's on the right side floor. About 20"x24" with16, 4"pvc drain pipes stacked together to keep the conduits seperate.

Also, MOST of the crates are not stolen. There are about 70 on each truck and this is the only one that still has a few stragglers from the olden days. I better get rid of those.

- joncon (John)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Is this a service body mounted on chassis rails of a truck? Its better laid out than the dual cab utility I use. What locking method do you use to hold all the containers in place?

J
It is a 16"x8' box mounted on a tilt cab style chassis. We Recently went from Isuzu to Ford.

The locking method is a combination of gravity, 1/2 stops and a tight fit on the small bins.

I could never find enough room on any utility bed but the 16" box meets all my needs. it's also raintite and easily secured.

E
That's very similar to the setup I had when I worked in service. About the only difference was that my truck had a 50 gallon replacement water heater where the yellow ladders are. We had a seperate division that handled plumbing. I kept a folding table and two folding chairs so I could do things like assembling fixtures without the customer hovering over me.

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."
J
The 4' folding table is tucked in front of the right hand shelving. It's a MUST for us old guys.

Link Copied to Clipboard