ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
D
drone23 Offline OP
Hello,

I work as an electrical designer for a California C-10 licensed electrical contractor.

When we submit drawings for plan review we have been putting a stamp on our drawings similar to a professional engineers stamp. The stamp says that we are a state of California C-10 contractor and gives our license number. The owner of our company then signs this stamp prior to sending them to plan review.

Recently we have been informed that this may not be legal as the stamp looks too much like a professional engineers stamp.

My question is what do the other C-10 contractors out there do to sign their design build drawings for plan review? Is there a state guideline availible for address this issue? If so, can you please point me to it?

Thank you.

-John

Get a stamp that doesn't look like an engineer's stamp. crazy

I've had one that mentions the CA Business and Profession Code section that lets C-10 do the engineering for jobs to be performed by them.

It's CA Business and Professions Code 6737.3

E
e57 Offline
Also, as far as planning depts go, they need to follow the CA DSA/architechs rules on stamp placement of the stamp, size and info.... Think I found it looking for T-24 info???? Apparrently there is a hierarchy to whos stamp goes where.

(looking for but may never find it again....) Cant find it...

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
S
Here is some info about the architect's stamp.

http://www.cab.ca.gov/stamp

steve

Steve
Broom Pusher and
I place a text block on my "Cover Page", which contains the "Designed and Installed By Electrical Contractor" Disclaimer, along with License number and expiry date, and two signature lines - one for the License Holder (my boss!) - listed as "President", and one for my signature - listed as "Designer".

I also include a basic stamp in the Title Block attached to each Plan Page.
It contains signature fields, designations (Prez or Designer) and License information (number + expiry date).

We both sign each page's Title Block stamp, and the Disclaimer Note Block on the cover page.

Had no problems with Plan Checkers doing things this way (began Designing Plansets back in the 1980's).

Scott

BTW, all signatures are "Wet Signed", on each set submitted (including "LTG-1-C" and "OLTG-1-C" Lighting Compliance Forms)

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!

Link Copied to Clipboard