ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
H
Does anyone have one of these that they would be willing to part with? I need one for a 3way/standard switch setup above the bench in my workshop. Doesn't matter what color it is, as long as it's the correct type.

Cliff
F
I don't know if i am speaking in right track anyway the P&S [ Pass and Seymour ] do still making the device cover you been describing i am not sure if your electrical supply centre may have one on hand sometime they will find a way to get rid of very oddball items and not too many stock this around anymore but i know few guys on east coast use it alot so i will leave this post open until some east coaster get in here with correct info they can help ya with it

Merci , Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

B
Yes they are still available, my supply house carries them. They are a P&S distributor. If you can't find one I could hook you up with them even tho I'm in Arizona. I run across these in rewires. They are always caked over so bad with paint I just smash them with my linemans to get them out of my way. Sorry I didn't know you needed one!

H
Paint caking doesn't matter to me really, As long as there's two standard openings for the device.

Cliff
M
You can usually find those in Ace Hardware stores. They are not cheap though.

H
hmm, there's an Ace one town over. I'll look for one there.

Cliff
H
Ace did not have this plate. neither did the True Value homecenter next door. frown

Cliff
S
Cliff, I have an ivory Sierra plate. If you want it, send me a private message with your address and I'll mail it to you.

steve

Steve
H
stamcon

Message sent. And thanks! Already installed the two switches (wanted to relocate a threeway on my workbench for the ceiling lighting, and the box I decided to use had a SP switch for the ceiling fan.)

Cliff

Link Copied to Clipboard