ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#162304 04/16/07 08:42 PM
Les LK emailed me this picture.
This is the post office in the middle of his town. His tax returns are in a flooded mailbox there. frown

[Linked Image]

How did you others do through the storm?

N
Tax day this year is the 17th, due to a holiday in the District of Columbia and the fact that April 15th fell on a Sunday...

W
Southern Maine got hammered yesterday. Central Maine Power has 121,000 customers(almost ice storm of 1998 like numbers)down at this point. Most along the coast where gusts of wind(some over hurricane force) battered the shoreline along with 3 to 6 inches of rain. Today my area is supposed to get 60mph gusts, 50 miles north of here is supposed to get 4 to 8 inches of snoweek The best part, I'm supposed to work outside today smile

Last edited by walrus; 04/17/07 06:16 AM.
M
hey, our office and shop used to be in that building behind the post office...the one attached to the smoke stack. smile

I thought my back-yard and garage lakes were bad...

Ian A.

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
M
I'm assuming that is in Jersey, what town?
We have a few rivers that spilled their banks up in North Jersey, but nothing that looks that bad.

L
Just finished my taxes. The IRS said Monday night that people in the Northeast have until April 19'th to get their returns in, if they were delayed by the April 16'th storm.

S
In my backyard about 200' away, is the Rahway River. The water from the river was about 10' away from the house yesterday afternoon because of flooding. No, I am not kidding. It was worse than when Hurricane Floyd came though eight years ago.

S
Originally Posted by mkoloj
I'm assuming that is in Jersey, what town?
We have a few rivers that spilled their banks up in North Jersey, but nothing that looks that bad.

I believe LK is in New Brunswick.

J
I am a volunteer firefighter in the town just south of New Brunswick, from 15:00 Sunday until about 17:00 on Monday we ran about 85 calls. Most were flooded basements, two car fires at 4:00 AM (Suspicious???) The worst one I saw was a homeowner who said as we were walking up "I don't think you can help me", opened his Bilco doors and water was coming out, he had about 7' of water in the basement. The other bad ones had about 3'. I liked the ones who were in a panic over an inch or two. As we were walking into houses we were asking people how many feet of water they had, anything under a foot, call a plumber in the morning, as we shut down the furnace and water heater.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard