ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 293 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Still snowing...I'm trying to remember why I live here.

Some of us came here for a job offer, or for relatively clean air, or because we had family here. It was all 3 for me originally. Well, the air is still relatively clean. 1 left out 3 beats nothing, I guess. frown

On the plus side, the mean Nor'easter storm didn't make much trouble here in Belfast the last few days. Fortunate were we, as Yoda might say. whistle

H
An ole college pal called me this am. He was in Huntington beach Ca.
It was 74 degrees and he said it is always around that temp.
He also said that there are 36 lane highways. I don't know, I think I'd rather deal with the New England wheather

Last edited by Hendrix; 04/17/07 02:28 PM.
Hendrix, your buddy is pulling your leg laugh

SoCa's got one interchange that's 26 lanes, (including off ramps and truck bypass lanes) wide called the El Toro "Y". It gets nearly 400,000 cars a day. There are a couple of tollroads that parallel it a couple of miles away as well.
It's been in the 60s in Huntington Beach. The sun breaks through the marine cloud cover about 10AM-Noon, and will do so probably through July.

Still beats the heck out of the cold IMO....Brrrrr smile

M
Originally Posted by Retired_Helper
Some of us came here for a job offer, or for relatively clean air, or because we had family here. It was all 3 for me originally. Well, the air is still relatively clean. 1 left out 3 beats nothing, I guess. frown

On the plus side, the mean Nor'easter storm didn't make much trouble here in Belfast the last few days. Fortunate were we, as Yoda might say. whistle

Oh, I'm just griping. I grew up in Searsmont, and after living all over the US, I never found anywhere that comes close to Maine. I have two brothers in Searsport, and a family home in Northport. My brother said they weren't hit too bad, I'm going down tonight to see how much water is in the basement.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard