ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 479 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Another one I get every so often:
Them: On these calculations here, your math is wrong, the answer is all screwy.
Me: How do you know my math is wrong? (I do math for a living - you'd think I would get it correct once in a while)
Them: The answer is not technically possible.
Me: OK I'll re-check it. (getting back to them later) No - as was the case when we returned the job the first time - the math is correct, and that's the right answer - plus my secretary is sending another $1200 invoice to your cost center from engineering.
Them: (Indignantly) Well its wrong, and we're not paying engineering for incorrect answers.
Them: (two weeks later) OK you know that error you made in the calculations - well in the specs we submitted we had XYZ listed when it should have been ABC - I'm sure it won't make all that much difference.
Me: OK I'll re-do it. (getting back to them later) Here's the second correct answer - plus my secretary has a second $1200 invoice for your cost center from engineering.
Them: Youre screwing us!
Me: It's not my fault you submit jobs that you didn't want us to do, then have us re-do them cos you think we were wrong and only then realize you actually need to submit the job you wanted done in the first place. And you're amazed we are billing your CC for 3 jobs, why?

A
Yea, when your plant manager (PINOCCHIO) tells you so many times that he need a piece of production equipment wired up and running right away because they need it and then it sits there 2 to 3 weeks before it is used.

M
All you gotta do is....

E
e57 Offline OP
Oh Fred I know that one.... "Oh yeah - the framings done and the plumbers are gone and were just waiting on you to rock!" Framing aint done, missing walls, missing blocking, and the plumber just started and you just screwed your whole schedule to go there.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard