ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Cat Servant
NORCAL has sent us this pic of a light he encountered. It's hard to tell where the "hack" left off, and the "violator" began frown

[Linked Image]

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

C
Now! - - just what the H.E. double hockey sticks is that contraption???? Looks like a kids science fair... err... something like that??? I just hope it's just gonna be hooked up to 6 volts D.C. or less. A pair of Rainbird water valves????

S
At least they used a breaker... What, did they have one phase of the panel hot, and the other side grounded?

I got first dibbs on the prehistoric edison base adaptors and stuff grin , seriously Rollie, how'd all this actually accomplish anything?

N
The Keyless and other prehistoric electrical items have nothing to do w/ the intended subject, which is the QO and the lugs that some bleeping moron used, just used what was handy to prop up the 2 leads off the breaker.

what size wire are they attempting to use there?? It doesn't look any bigger that #12 and that QO should be able to handle that... So what is the point of the lugs Rollie?

N
I have no idea, it was in a swimming pool control center, other lugs ran to a time switch QO lugs are decent, no reason to use those lugs,IMO.

H
I can tell you a few makers here wink

Y adaptor: Hemco TWIN-LITE
Socket adapters: Hubbell T-Slots
The outlet/socket rig looks like it's a Leviton?

Cliff
S
Thought ive seen a few nutty things im my time but this is a good one. What kind of nut would even take the trouble to design and put together something like this. Looking forward to bringing a copy of this to my next code class.

H
Looks like this guy liked to burn houses, fry himself and cook whatever he plugged in. That looks like a double pole breaker.... those sockets are getting 240V!

Amazing display of stupidity, but I think I've seen worse in lab some days!

Link Copied to Clipboard