ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Our 1956 'Rover 60' two liter sidevalve had positive-earth electricals. I seem to remember some guys in my office saying that positive-grounding increased the rate at which the car body rusted?

Actually, we can thank Ben Franklin for this glorious way of confusing the ignorami. [ IMO People who fold paper shouldn't be playing with electricity anyway ].

Ben denoted +/- for direct currents decades before the likes of Ampere started electrocuting frogs in the name of science, but as he had no way of knowing which way the electrons flowed, he had to guess.

Wood work but can't!
F
that true and what more many very old cars and some truck from that era did have 6 volts system that was pain in butt system they used the 6 volt until right after the mid to late 40's they went 12 volt expect the miltary trucks they always ran on 24 volt the same with miltary aircraft the DC system is 24 volt but on ac system it will be eiter 120 or 208 depending on set up

but just watch out in future i heard they are talking have a car run on 48 volt on basic system and have hybird drive system that actally run apx 110 -120 volt or so but i heard it can be high as 360 volts but i dont have the fact with me

Merci , Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

T
Household DC systems once had a grounded center and ungrounded + and - like today's computer power supplies, giving 120/240V or 220/440V.
I once read about traction systems that have a grounded + rail and - overhead wire, but I can't remember any details.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard